- Mobility Pricing and Automated Vehicles Conference
- HOT Lanes Forum
- P3s in Motion Conference
- The Future of the Car
- Road Pricing and Parking Workshop
- Solving Gridlock Forum
- Mobility Pricing Summit
- The Great Media Debate
- Mobility Funding Symposium
- Governance Summit
- Mobility Seminar
- Goods Movement & Mobility Pricing Forum
- Mobility Pricing Stakeholder Forum
- Mobility Pricing Conference
- Smart Growth Forum
- Road Pricing & Leadership Summit
- Road Pricing and Public Acceptance Workshop
- Ontario’s Inaugural Road Pricing Forum
- Speakers (November 2008 - November 2016)
Mobility Pricing Summit
A massive thank you to almost 100 delegates who attended -- and celebrated -- the Transport Futures 5th Anniversary Mobility Pricing Summit on November 18!
The timing of the Summit couldn’t have been better with Metrolinx's Investment Strategy being reviewed by the provincial government's Transit Investment Strategy Advisory Panel. Since parking levies, gas taxes and HOT Lanes were on the final list of Metrolinx recommendations, Summit speakers focused on how these and other mobility pricing measures help achieve equity, efficiency and accountability as public transit and road infrastructure investments are made. Here is a smattering of how delegates assessed the event:
- "Congrats on assembling such a great program of local, Canadian and international speakers."
- "Speakers gave me an understanding of what works and what doesn't and how to make things happen outside and within the GTHA."
- "I’m a first time attendee and it was great!"
- "The value I sought, and received, was inspiration. The speakers were excellent, well-chosen and reported interesting research."
- "Having already been in favour of mobility pricing the Summit gave me more detailed info on how to best implement mobility pricing."
- "As always, the speakers were excellent, they are obvious experts in their fields and provided me with new and valuable information about mobility pricing."
- "Nice to hear about some new ideas re: research needs related to parking and freight."
- "I wasn't aware of the challenges around road pricing freight vehicles, so I learned a lot about that… I enjoyed the music played between sessions -- the quiz was also very fun and creative."
- "A great event and will definitely plan to attend next year."
Although Ontario and Canada have not kept pace with the technical and public acceptance gains made in other global cities and countries, those who attended the Summit were inspired to move more quickly on mobility pricing and infrastructure funding during the next five years. Transport Futures is now planning with our phenomenal sponsors and advisors to help make that happen. Your input is welcome!